Wednesday, July 02, 2014

I AM NOT GOING BACK INTO THE CLOSET AND I AM NOT GOING TO LIVE A LIE... PUSH ME AS MUCH AS YOU MAY... THERE'S NO GOING BACK FOR ME!


July 02, 2009 one man and his verdict gave thousands if not millions hope... extending a sense of belonging in your own country... a feeling of being equal...

One verdict and it changed the life of hundreds if not thousands... Suddenly the world might not have liked me or who I wanted to be with, but the law allowed me to love... And that gave me hope for a better tomorrow

December 11, 2013 one man and his verdict took away the ability for me to breathe freely... Millions not thousands now felt heartbroken, sad, angry and ostracised...

Suddenly I was criminal for loving someone... Suddenly I was a criminal for wanting to spend my life with someone because 'He' had never met someone like me and couldn't understand how I loved... His words took away any hope I had of having a home, a family, someone to love..

Suddenly thousands not hundreds were once again pushed into "closets"... Suddenly it became time to hide.. Suddenly it became time for people like me who never saw how my loving someone as a reason to take to streets had to now "come out" all over again to the world and say "No Going Back"...

Today we take to the streets of Mumbai and Delhi again. Today I call on all those who believe in equity and rights for all to come join our happiness and our struggle on the 2nd of July 2014 at Jantar Mantar as we reclaim our rights, our dignity and our nation. Let us celebrate the past and prepare for future struggles by sharing our stories, songs and lives.

Date: 2nd July 2014
Time: 6 PM onwards
Venue: Jantar Mantar. Parliament Street. New Delhi

I WILL SEE YOU THERE

No comments: